CTW productions have toured throughout North America and to Europe, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and South Korea.
- In 2001, Toy Theatre Peony Pavilion was honored with a UNIMACitation of Excellence in Puppetry Art.
- In 2005, Three Women: Many Plays and Tiger Tales both received Best Short Plays, Best Performance and Best Voiceover at the First International Shadow Play Festival in Tangshan, China.
- In 2005, Three Women: Many Plays was awarded Best Directing and Script, at the First International Shadow Play Festival in Tangshan, China.
- In 2009, Tiger Tales was also honored with awards for Best Directing, Best Puppet Design and Arts Innovation at the First Shanghai International Puppet Festival and Competition.
- In 2012, Songs From the Yellow Earth won the award for Best Show at the UNIMA-International Puppet Festival in Chengdu, China.
In 2006, Stephen Kaplin was awarded a Henry Hewes Award for Notable Stage Effects in recognition of his puppet designs for Ping Chong’s production of Cathay: 3 Tales From China.